Wednesday, July 1, 2009

School's Out Day 8: Princess Play-date

July 1st.....needed the heat on in the car at 5:30 this morning. And it's POURING BUCKETS, again. Guess what....more rain tomorrow, fantastic. Anyway, Ava had a friend over to play and things weren't going so well. I tried not to intervene (I'm a big fan of letting kids try and work things out on their own), but my kid was so darn bossy (don't know WHERE she got that from)...and the other girl was only 4....so I couldn't hold back any longer. Ava scoffed at everything her poor little friend wanted to play, "That's BORING", etc etc. I wouldn't mind but our playroom looks like mini-Toys R' Us...I wonder how interested she'd be in the toys if I loaded them in boxes to be donated!??! Anyway, I digress. SO, I took it upon myself to show Ava's friend a good time. I whipped out the princess figurines (you know the ones Ava HAD TO HAVE or she would just DIE cause EVERYONE has them)...yeah, those boring things. So I set everything up....I'm lining-up princesses with their matching princes....Snow White was surrounded by all the little dwarfs, all the evil villains were aligned with their corresponding protagonists...I'm on a roll, having a ball, putting on a big show so Ava can see how a real play-date is done....the whole time this kid is looking at me like I have 5 heads. So I say, "Hey Em, which princess do you want to be?" Her reply: "ACTUALLY, I would rather play with Ava." (who was sulking near-by). Shot-down by a four-year-old, I'm scorned for life.
After that ungrateful little sour-puss went home (joking!) we were all climbing the walls....so I decided since we can't get physical outside we should exercise our minds. Me and the offspring headed to the local library. We enter the children's room and my kids bolt over to the movie section (we were there to get BOOKS!!) where Maddy immediately sits down and takes her shoes and socks off and proceeds to run up and down the aisles barefoot. The GOOD NEWS: Ava picked out a book called "Just Go To Bed." I think she's finally starting to catch-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment