Thursday, July 2, 2009

School's Out Day 9: Good News & Bad News

The good news: the repair man came and fixed the fridge.
The bad news: I stayed home all day for him to come between 8 and 12, he came at 3 and it cost $251.99

The good news: it poured all day so I didn't miss a great July beach day by sitting here waiting for him.
The bad news: it poured all day, AGAIN.

The good news: I think I lost about 15 lbs this week because all the food (and ice cream!) was in the basement and I was too lazy to walk down to get anything to eat.
The bad news: I think I have already made up for that in the 1.5 hours my fridge has been fixed and the food is back upstairs.

The good news: I finally made good use of those environmentally friendly re-usable shopping bags -- to carry the food back upstairs.
The bad news: there's not a chance in hell I will remember to bring them with me when I go food shopping tomorrow.

(hey, this good news/bad news thing is kinda fun!)

The good news: Madelyn has a huge vocabulary, and speaks in full sentences (and she's not even two!)

The bad news: Today she started asking the dreaded "Why?" We all know how that goes. "Maddy, sit down on the chair." "WHY?" "Because you're going to fall down and get a boo-boo." "WHY?" Do you see where I'm going with this? As I type....I hear my husband upstairs in her room "Maddy, it's time to go to sleep." "WHY?" "Because it's night-night time, everyone is sleeping."......."WHY". This could be another one of those nights that leaves me asking "Why ME!?!?!???"

No comments:

Post a Comment