Monday, July 13, 2009

School's Out Day 20: Kodak Moments

The clock was ticking - I only had a few minutes before I had to go pick-up Ava from her first day of camp (how come 5 hours at home with her go by at a snail's pace and 5 hours of camp go by in a flash?) Anyway, Maddy had undressed (old news) and was in her diaper finishing her yogurt. She was strapped in her high-chair, with the tray all the way on -- right up against her. I had to run down to the basement and throw the sheets in the wash, how long could that take? Less than five minutes. How much trouble could she possibly get in? I should have known by how quiet she was up there, that's always a tell-tale sign. Came up to find her rubbing yogurt up and down her arms and all over her belly like it were lotion....yogurt dumped and smeared all over her high chair tray...and best of all she had shampooed her hair with it. She was a pink, sticky, mess. My first instinct (after my inner voice was finished) was to grab my camera...but I really was pressed for time, so you'll have to just use your imagination. Not to worry, I'm sure she'll do something similar again soon. I should really just carry my camera around my neck permanently....this morning in the store, she grabbed a bottle of nail polish, plopped herself down in the aisle, took her shoes off and attempted to paint her own toe nails. Another Kodak moment lost forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment