Friday, July 3, 2009

School's Out Day 10: Missing Tooth

Just shy of her 6th b-day -- Ava lost her first tooth today! We were in the kitchen and she asked for an apple....I said "OK, but it might make your tooth fall out (she had a VERY LOOSE ONE), be careful not to swallow it" (just in case it's like the whole watermelon seed thing, I didn't want her growing a set of dentures in there)...anyway, a few bites in and one of her bottom teeth fell out! At first she was alarmed, but after spitting her blood, saliva and chewed apple into my hand, she was relieved to see her tooth in there with the apple chunks. It was hard to get too emotional while holding her regurgitated apple in my hand, but I did get a little teary-eyed! That little bottom tooth was the first tooth she ever cut -- at 7.5 months. I personally think it is THE CUTEST THING when babies have those two little bottom teeth in their mouth full of gums! How did my sweet little baby (the one who screamed her head off every night from 10 PM to 2 AM, to the point where I almost gave the little colicky nightmare up for adoption) how did THAT little miracle get so big already? Anyway, we cleaned-up the blood, took a few pics with the apple and then Ava said with enthusiasm, "Let's go outside and SHOW THE WORLD." It must be nice to be the center of your own universe.
My question to all of you is: What's the tooth fairy "good-for" these days anyway? (I would like to hear what she's been leaving under those pillows lately). We are in tough economic times after all. Wait a minute, does she even work today, it's technically a holiday!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment