Sunday, June 28, 2009

School's Out Day 5: Toiletries vs. European Facial

The weather was horrific today (AGAIN!!!! shocker)....so I did some errands. Rolly will tell you -- if I leave the house...I cost us a couple hundred bucks, easy. Whatever it is, Target, Market Basket....God forbid, the mall. Today I went to BJ's.....dropped $199 (which was pretty good after the $40 I had in coupons). There was no "retail therapy" at all for me..... no outfits for the kids, no clothes for me, not even a little something fun like a new book. All I had was soap, toothbrushes, dishwasher detergent capsules, trash bags, paper towels, toilet paper, diapers, diaper cream wipes, tissues.... so I come home....get the "hairy-eyeball" from him, like I spent the $200 on a luxurious day at the spa or something. And then it dawns on me.....we don't throw our money out the window here-- we wipe our "arses" and noses and counter tops with it!!!!!!!!! Seriously!!! Almost everything I bought was to clean-up the waste from some sort of bodily function. No fun, no fun at all. Like I tell my children (who are sleeping BTW), and my students...."Tomorrow will be a better day." Let's keep our fingers (and toes) crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment