Thursday, March 11, 2010

Out of the mouths of babes....

Picture this: my little Maddy, head to toe in yellow feetie pajamas, standing by the door rubbing noses with the two doggy-blanket things she sleeps with, binky in her mouth going a mile-a-minute. With pangs in my heart that I have to leave her everyday and go to work, I bend down and kiss her cheek , "Bye Maddy," I say sweetly. The binky stops moving and she replies, "Bye stupid."
My mother-in-law and I turn around and face the other way so she won't see us laughing...I compose myself as fast as I can and say, "MADDY! That's not nice! Don't say that to Mama!" And she quickly redeems herself by waving her chubby little fingers, and saying in her sweetest little voice, "Bye Mumma! Bye Mumma!"
I laughed all the way to work. Called my Mom and was laughing so hard I couldn't even get the word "stupid" out. I Kept saying, "And then she said....and then she said..."
I can't lie, I still chuckle every single time I even think about it. She was so dry, so matter-of-fact, "bye stupid." That's one for the baby book.

No comments:

Post a Comment